Diversity and Equity Policy
As an WSET® Approved Programme Provider (APP), we fully supports the principles of Equal Opportunities.
We strive to ensure that all candidates for our qualifications are treated fairly and on an equal basis. We are following all local Laws and Regulations applicable to Equal Opportunities subject.
WE assures equality of opportunity for candidates by:
– Promoting open access to WE (having regard to the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcohol and assessment competence standards);
– Ensuring that the format and content of all specifications, examinations and other WE materials do not discriminate unlawfully against anyone on the grounds of disability, age, marriage and civil partnership, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (having regard to the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcohol and assessment competence standards);
– Allowing candidates with special educational needs, disabilities or temporary injuries to access WE assessments without changing the demands of the assessment in line with our Reasonable Adjustment and Special Consideration policies;
– Ensuring that this policy is taken into account during the development of new qualifications and other WE projects;
– Collating and monitoring data on candidate age, gender, ethnicity and access arrangements, which are reportable in a non-attributable format;
– Checking on diversity issues within WE candidates and keep reports ready for WSET monitoring diversity
– Working with relevant organisations as appropriate to develop measures to identify and prevent inequality of opportunity
– Reviewing this policy regularly to ensure it continues to meet legislative and organisational requirements and is fit for purpose.
Candidates who are believe they may have been unfairly discriminated against by an APP should contact WE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy must be made available to candidates upon request.
Wine Educator Manager