Conflicts of Interest Policy
As a regulated awarding organisation, “WINE EDUCATOR” is required to identify, monitor and manage actual, potential and perceived conflicts of interest. This is essential to safeguard the integrity of WE qualifications and promote confidence in “WINE EDUCATOR” processes.
This policy applies to all “WINE EDUCATOR” staff and to any individual acting on behalf of “WINE EDUCATOR”.
Wine Educator at VV Tikves AD Skopje defines Conflict of Interest aligned with current Macedonian Laws and Regulations and represents mandatory article in the Employment Contract.
Definition of conflict of interest
A conflict of Interest exists where an individual has interests or loyalties that could adversely influence their judgement, objectivity or loyalty to “WINE EDUCATOR” when conducting activities associated with WE qualifications.
These can arise in many different aspects of awarding organisation activity, such as:
- An individual whose personal interests or loyalties conflict with their awarding organisation involvement
- An individual who receives remuneration for services that conflict with their awarding organisation involvement
Additional examples of conflict of interest connected with “WINE EDUCATOR” as WSET APP and students may include the following:
- Selection of appropriate invigilators for conducting the exams who are not related to the students who take the exam
- The undertaking of any assessment of candidates by an individual who has a personal interest in the result of the assessment for any or all individuals concerned.
- The undertaking of any moderation of assessment of candidates by an individual who has a personal interest in the result of the assessment for any or all individuals concerned.
- The tutoring of candidates by any individual involved in the assessment process or processes of monitoring and/or conducting the exams
- The delivery of “coaching sessions” to examination candidates by any individual involved in the assessment, monitoring and/or conducting the exam processes.
- Other conflict of interest as defined with current Macedonian Laws and Regulations regarding the processes in education and examinations the students
Some of this conflict can be managed and therefore thay are acceptable, but only through following the WSET procedures and recommendations.
Identification of Conflicts of Interest
Any individual involved in the delivery of „WINE EDUCATOR“ qualifications or any student as a usser of WE services who becomes aware of a Conflict of Interest must inform immediately Exmination
Officer in writing form. Conflict of Interest declarations will be recorded by WE on the Conflicts of Interest Register and carry out such information to WSET.
Management of Conflicts of Interest
In case of Conflict of Interest is reported, Wine Educator is obligated to inform WSET and follow recommendation from WSET how to mitigate the newly created situation.
In order to prevent the possible Conflict of Interest any individual engaged with Wine Educator in the provision of Wine Educator qualifications, as identified under the scope of this policy, is required to make a “Declaration of Interest”. Certain individuals, such as those involved in the assessment and/or monitoring processes are also required to submit a signed declaration of “Non-disclosure”. Declaration of Interest need to consist personal statement under the moral and criminal responsibility that signatory of such declaration in case of involving it self in conflict of interest have obligation to follow the Ientification of Conflict of Interest including in this document. Breaking the declaration of interest will be subject of penalization by Wine Educator, according to Macedonian law.
Wine Educator Manager